Thursday, July 21, 2011

Camera Collection

Cameras

Cameras

Most of you have probably figured out by now that I have a bit of a camera-thing going on. I won a camera when I was 14, and 7 years later not only have my photography skills grown, so has my camera collection. I also had another digital camera, but gave it to my mum last week seeing as I don't want too many redundancies in my collection. Most of these cameras I've won, been given, or bought with birthday money over the years. I feel lucky that whenever I think about a new camera they seem to just come my way.  Do you have any favorite cameras, or perhaps one you're lusting after?

Top L-R:
Pentax Espio 145M: A recent purchase; I've only just sent away a roll of film for this camera. I imagine it will be in working order, but then who knows! I bought this instead of a Superheadz Slim because it has zoom, flash and panorama. Having said that I'm still have to hold myself back around a Superheadz Slim on eBay.

Fujifilm Instax 50S (piano black): Poor baby, I often forget that I got this back in late May. I had lunch with a friend yesterday who I influenced with my instax so much that he bought a 'real' Polaroid camera! Needless to say we will be going on instant-camera adventures soon.

Superheadz Golden Half: Takes half frame pictures, and my first analogue camera. Good, light and cheap.

Panagor 80-205mm lens: So heavy! It's made of glass and steel, and compared to the Lumix lens it's just crazy heavy. One thing I do like is the manual focus adjustment, which is good for capturing the exact depth of field that you want. The downside is if your subject moves you have to spend time re-adjusting.

Pentax ME: Gifted to me from my Poppy I still don't know if this work yet, but it's pretty. I've tried film and it just hasn't advanced, whether this was due to the camera or the extremely old film I could not say.

Panasonic Lumix G2: I won this camera a while ago and I haven't looked back. You can really see the awesome quality of this camera when compared with the top picture, taken with the Canon. This was a relatively expensive camera when I won it, however it has really come down it price drastically, probably because the G3 has just come out. Although I'd look into the cost and range of lens compared to Canon/Nikon if I was buying it. Not to mention the amount of second-hand products out there. One plus is that it has beautiful HD video, with a lovely focus.

Panasonic 45-200mm lens
: Auto-focus, how I love thee! Great for little adventures when I'm sitting a mile away from the action and super-light.


Bottom L-R:
Sony Cybershot DSC-P43: My first-ever camera! I won this in grade 9 through a girls-in-IT thing. I recently found the receipt for a 256Mb memory card - it was $84. So many things make me laugh: the teeny tiny screen, 4.1MP etc. Of course it's broken now.

Ricoh 126-C EES: Unfortunately this camera will not be working anytime soon. It takes 126mm film, and even if you can get that you then have to develop the film yourself. Too much effort.

Canon IXUS 105: Naturally I bought this camera just before I won the Lumix G2, so I was a bit annoyed. However, I'm glad I did because it's good for days when you need a camera on you. So many times I've gone over Mum's, the cat has done something hilarious and this camera has proven it's worth. I must say that I find this the best quality out of all my friends' small cameras.

3 comments:

  1. i've got quite a few cameras. i know some people have way more than me. lately i just want a fuji 645 and more film for my polaroid cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same Pentax. It was my dad's and it used to take beautiful photographs when I was little. I dug it out a year or two ago and took it to be serviced but unfortunately it was "beyond repair". Too much mould on the lens :(

    Now it serves as a decoration haha

    xx

    http://the-twelfth-hour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments!!
:D