Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Superheadz Golden Half




       






A while ago I bought a Superheadz Golden Half camera which takes half-frame photos, as you can see above. I think my favorite pictures are the hand and the succulents next to each other. I have a few more favorites that I can't show here since my sister is in her school uniform.
I found film really fun, and attaching a flash makes this camera even better. I recently got a vintage camera from my Poppy along with several flash units too, but mini flashes are readily available on ebay for about $20. My main problem with this camera was forgetting to take the lens cap off - whoops! So there were quite a few totally black exposures. While the instructions were in Japanese the pictures are easy to follow, so no problems there either. This was my first 'test' roll, so I could figure out what low-light is, how the flash works and so on. I think I'm getting the hang of it now, so the next roll in there will hopefully have many more useful exposures!
I'm finally on holidays from uni now, so hopefully a few more decent posts will be possible. I also ordered a Fujifilm Instax 50S for my birthday with the money I received (plus some of my own), so I'm all excited about that too. I couldn't resist.

9 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous and look like something that would be on the pages of Frankie! Can't wait to see the amazing photos you'll take once you get your camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this camera looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the one with the hand and the curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kind of love these.
    now i want this camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love film photography. I think you did an amazing job! I need to also learn all of the features on my film Minolta. Many of my pictures don't even turn out. But I guess that is part of the process!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hand one is my favorite too. I really like the results! I've been looking at these little cameras and thinking of getting one, the film advance is probably heaps better than the Diana mini. Oh I really want An instax too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These turned out great! I like the hand one and the Percy St combo. Makes me think I should use the half-frame mode on my Diana Mini more often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely images :) I have been thinking about getting one of those cameras for a while now. Looking at these makes me want it even more. The one with the cat is heaps cute

    Murphy xo
    http://murphy-bouma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments!!
:D