Friday, December 3, 2010

Typography





Lately I've had a lot more time than usual, and most importantly a lot more headspace. With uni finally over for the year I can push aside thoughts of physics and pathology and focus on drawing lines to make pretty pictures. I've felt like doing some typography lately as you can see. I've also done a few drawings of girls too, but I'm not ready to show them to you yet. Not because I'm afraid you won't like them, but because they are not developed yet, and the last thing I need is someone else taking my ideas and drawing them before I have the chance!
I've been working on watercolour too, but I need to remember to stop putting so much pigment on my palette - it's supposed to be subtle colour, not near-acrylic!
Also, I'm 90% sure that I'll have car by the end of the fortnight! Which will mean a 15 minute drive to work instead of leaving 2hrs early to catch the bus. It's frightful I know.

P.S. I'm also working on a new header, the current one is fairly bland. It will incorporate my little owl though! I could never lose my owl.

P.S.S. Over 50 followers now - yay! I'll have to do a giveaway at 100.

14 comments:

  1. I'm supposed to be rushing off to school but I just had to say I LOVE your lettering. Especially Stone! Right out off Doctor Who's Weeping Angel episodes. ;P

    Arianne from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a very talented artist! That first type with the hair looks like it took awhile to do, very intricate, it's neat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for liking my draw.
    and working on weekends sucks :\

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 You are so brilliant, Hannah. Typography rocks, and evidently, so do you!
    And congratulations on 50 followers, dear. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all wonderful - that hair typography is ingenious! I know what you mean about watercolours too. I fail at them. Full stop. Can't wait to see more of your drawings :)

    Good luck on the car front!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are really talented!

    xoxo,
    Froso from Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
  7. woooow you are super talented! I used to draw a lot when I was younger but I lost my inspiration when I grew older. I should totally pick it up again sometime. Love the hair thing! :D


    http://stylingdutchman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your drawings! you are super talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I read your post it seemed liked it was written by me. hahaha no more physics, maths and chemistry (at least for this year).
    Your blog is absolutely amazing.I'll always come back here. =*

    ReplyDelete
  10. These fonts are amazing! Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. o0o0o YUM!

    i love typography so much, i loved playing with it @ graphics college :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments!!
:D