Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas wishlist


1. Vintage 1960’s mod day dress: A cute 60’s day dress with a graph-paper-like print
2. Porcelain Rabbit with Yellow Bow Brooch: Sarah McNeil by Corky St. Clair
3. Vintage grunge FALL HARVEST babydoll dress: A tartan dress in grungy autumn colours
4. Karen Walker mini skull ring: it’s finally time to buy a proper ring for myself
5. Retro style sunnies in a quirky colour
6. A Skulk of Foxes x-ray elk brooch: X-rays being my career, I just can’t resist.
7. Clogs in a neutral colour such as beige/camel/sand
8. Tortoise shell sunnies in a odd shape
9. Vintage blue Floral day dress: Another vintage day dress
10. A new computer, mine is completely dying. With a fancy-shmancy LED widescreen full HD monitor, naturally.
11. Eating Ghosts no.1 Original Painting: A proper investment without going totally over budget
12. Panasonic micro four thirds lens
13. Retro Fonts and Flashback, as well as a million other books
14. A proper set of real pencils, instead of kiddy Crayola pencils I’ve been using.

Ok, so I have something to admit. I acutally bought the computer and monitor on my wishlist already, however I made this graphic on my old computer and can't be bothered to install programs to change it. And yeah, it's an awesome computer. It's just annoying having to find all your favourites and software again. AND wtf is up with new Windows Live messenger - so annoying. And learning the new operating system is frustrating too. I'll admit that I've yelled at the screen a few times initially. But apart from that, thank goodness for my portable hard drives, and yay for a pretty screen. Now I can install Photoshop, and next on my list is a Wacom Bamboo tablet for pretty drawings.
Since I made this wishlist it has increased exponentially. Yesterday I went to the local fabric store and I was completely in awe of the new material they have in. The MOST beautiful digital prints as well as plenty of others that I have favourited on Etsy, but are cheaper in the store - and no delivery time! Lets just say that digital prints will be taking over my sewing machine after work slows down.

Also, I would like to remind Australian girls (and guys!) to start using sunscreen now that summer is coming along. If not for the skin cancer, but for your good looks. The sun is a massive radiation source which kills cells, and especially those that produce collagen. It only takes 5-15 minutes to get your vitamin D dose from the sun, so don't use that as an excuse either ;)

12 comments:

  1. All such lovely items, but I particularly adore the first pair of sunglasses. I gave my old pair to my mum before coming to Europe thinking that there would be nice ones everywhere here but forgot it was winter, ie no well-priced sunnies anywhere!

    I actually bought a set of rings at H&M the other day for 3 pound that include a skull ring exactly the same as this. It will probably break or leave a green mark on my finger pretty quickly, but it was too cute to pass up. I'm sure you will be very very happy with the real deal though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooh that green dress, it taunts me! and the clogs, I'm in love :(




    http://stylingdutchman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! that brooch is dead nice xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. loove the number 5!!xx

    www.zscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the best gift list i have seen all season!

    FASHIONMADEMEFUNKY
    www.fashionmademefunky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful selection and lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments!!
:D