Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A busy week







Yesterday my friend Lorena turned 20, finally. So I decided I'd finish making the skirt I promised her months ago which was interrupted by exams. The zipper goes down the back, and I didn't include a picture of the front because it looks the same, but without a zip. Come to think of it, you could really wear this skirt backwards or forwards! I'll have to get a picture of her wearing it as it is hard to imagine, but it sits on the waist and goes to above the knee. I also gave her a Where's Wally mug like mine.

In other news, it's been a hectic week. I got a car, which is so awesome. It's nice being on time for work. Secondly, I have to move house again. It seems I have a curse - every year I have to move. This time the house is being sold, so I have no choice. Sigh, every holidays I have to go through this - packing everything up and trying to find somewhere nice, well-priced, and filled with people who have a life, which is the most difficult part. Maybe I'm just a loner, but I don't believe in trying to make life-long friends with housemates, because at the end of the day I've found it's easier to live with someone if you don't know them intimately. At least now that I have a car looking for a house will be wayyyyy easier!

Food and outfit post to come soon!

4 comments:

  1. hey!
    nice dress you've done, i'm terrible in sewing and that stuff...
    and great news about the car! great!

    packing stuff is my worst nightmare, but having a new house is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable skirt! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog header :) I wish I could drive, having a car would make my life a lot easier!
    I'm sure your friend will love her present, i'd love to receive something handmade :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on the skirt. Very very cute + I know your friend loved it :)

    xo,
    raven

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments!!
:D