Friday, October 8, 2010

Hate to love



All images copyright Karen Walker


I don't know if I've mentioned it on here before, but I'm a bit obsessive with Karen Walker. Most particularly her jewellery, and I'll never forgive myself for not buying her sunglasses at a sale when I was in high school - they were $30 (I, know). Recently she released some new jewellery (above) as well as clothing.
Since forever I've loved the Lion & Hoop pendant, but have always thought it was well over $200. Recently I went to Violent Green and discovered they could order it for a mere $165, so today I bit the bullet and ordered it. I think after 4 years of pining that I have to have it - what else do I go to work for? Unfortunately I've also discovered the delicate skull ring, and while I'm not a ring wearer I think that this is the perfect little ring for me, and at a mere $40 I think I will buy it too.

Violent Green is possibly the most terrible store for me to go to - I could conisistently spend and never stop. If you live in Brisbane I recommend a look, they stock my beloved Karen Walker among many other brands, my favourites being Noemi Klien, a million Holga and Lomo cameras, Victoria Mason and the most beautiful Tristan Blair shoes I've ever seen (however, they are a painful $500!!). This isn't an advert, I just want to live in the clothes racks there forever. I also want this, this, this and this (all Karen Walker).
After this I will stop. I've been going stupid with money and barely saving. I'm a great saver too, which is why I should stop now before I burn half way through my car fund. Instead I'm vowing to distract myself with creative things like art, photography and sewing. Oh, and start styling instead of buying.
My hair is a pretty non-regrowth blonde now! I finished exams today! If I lack posting for the next 5 weeks it's because I'm on clincal placement (I do an allied health degree).

P.S. I won the I (he)ART Chictopia contest! You can check out my interview over here by the lovely Angie.

20 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I love how they are displayed. I'm crushing on that little daisy right, I think I need it...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a nice figures!!!at least in your pictures!!! I like so much skulls and the rings looks quite funny :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her jewellery is awesome!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love karen walker too. going to have to check out this shop now. IT sounds like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're the best! I want the little daisy ring.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photos on the figurines (?). Really lovely
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow i love the jewellery. Christmas wishlist starting a little soon...

    Ellen at The Raven and the Cellar Door

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh these pieces are amazing! but I guess I'm just gonna dream of them:(((cute blog:))
    check out mine http://rayabo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the top necklaces - that little bumblebee is amazing! lovely little blog you have here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that bumblebee necklace is exquisite. the statues are really sweet too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gahhh Violent Green makes me so happy and depressed at the same time. Every time I walk past the Lomos in the display my heart rate increases just a tad haha. That Lion & Hoop pendant is wonderful. An "investment" piece for sure! Thanks for the heads up on the Finders Keepers too! Counting down the days... haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, these are so, so beautiful. The Lion and Hoop has my heart all a-flutter; how incredible. And congratulations on the contest! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, congratulations on the win! And Karen Walker's stuff is adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen Walker's jewelery is adorable and so are the photographs of her jewelry! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute jewellery! I might have to take a look at her site xxx

    www.fashiondevotion.com

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments!!
:D