Monday, September 6, 2010

Meow Miu

Alice in the Eve Sophia cat print dress $89.95
from
General Pants Co.


Above via Krisatomic

Yes, yes, we all know about the Miu Miu cat/swallow/nakedness prints, and to be honest when it came out I didn't know what all the fuss was about. However, I think after seeing it on half the blogs I follow I've slowly warmed to the designs, but especially the prints. I love prints, I can't help it. I drool over fabrics with pretty prints and therefore buy plain colours to sew with rarely. When I spotted this dress at General Pants Co. my brain imploded, and then once more when I saw the price. I've decided that until I get a car to drain my funds, I shouldn't be spending a registrations-worth of money on a dress. Another project I'm adding to my holiday-crafts-fun list will be printmaking with fabric paint. Prepared to be appropriate, cat print.

Spiked necklace from Lovisa

As much as I have been meaning to style this recent purchase, I didn't get a chance to take a photo last time I wore it, so here it is in unimaginative form. A new jewellery store, Lovisa, opened in the Queen St Mall a few weeks ago - and I love it. Totally quirky and different jewelery. Their blog is worth checking out as well. I have a feeling this will be my go-to store for jewellery and the like. They have a wonderful headband there with big beaded stars on it, but it too I might have to appropriate, as it is a little out of my headband price range.


18 comments:

  1. I want that dress so much! the Miu miu prints have grown on me to, i was keen at first!

    http://illustratemypillowcase.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the back of that cat print dress!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous dress. those miu miu prints just get more and more appealing. i purchased a pair of kitty print heels not so long ago, cant wait for them to arrive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've always loved that cat print, being a crazy cat-lady at heart. we got dresses at my work (attik) with that exact fabric in both that colour and a dark coral-y kind of colour. not the same style, but still pretty cute. i was so shocked when we got it in because of how obviously similar the print was to miu miu! but for $59.95, it might go down pretty well, hah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice cat !
    love the black dress ! :D

    xoxo,
    Rebecca
    http://rebeccaclch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely dress; love the print. I'm usually a bit funny about Miu Miu stuff at first, and then after a while grow to LOVE them like crazy! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow i really love the first dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg i want it, the back is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the cat printy-ness! I just saw a show called "Cat Ladies" tonight on TV, how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that dress is pure loveliness!
    your blog is sweet xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh! That first dress is just amazing. I love print dresses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the miu miu prints so child like an dlovely! this inspired dress is very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes i really need to fix the About section haha i know.
    It's not working right now..

    The necklace is pretty

    With love, Samm
    @ www.afterstylecomesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cats are too cute!!

    Take a peek! our first blog.
    www.apieceofcrapdepartment.blogspot.com

    best regards from Sweden :)
    /MALIN

    ReplyDelete
  16. wayyy out of my price range, but the back of the dress is sooooooooo breathtaking !

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the blue dress, so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, my! Oh, my! I love cats! I'd love to have those items!

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments!!
:D