Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bunting



Yes! Bunting! All those who guessed (I could have made it harder!) it was indeedy bunting that I was making. It turned out quite different to how I expected. If I make more it will probably be along the red, white and blue vibe. I'm still a bit undecided as to where to put it, I'm not sure if I like it against the blue wall, so it might end up in my kitchen, because my kitchen is frightfully plain and ugly - there's lots of gap filler, holes and random nails. I'd fix it if I could, but of course I'm renting. You can't tell from these photos, but the blue flag has vertical blue and white stripes.
Tomorrow I might be wearing a new dress I bought that I'm quite excited about because it reminds me of one of my favourite TV show characters. However this will solely depend on the weather, which was perfect today. Naturally that means I spent all day inside studying for my exam on Tuesday. I suppose when I look back it will be worth it.
Today I got a phone call from my mother, and the most exciting news was that I might be getting her car only if everything falls in to place. It needs things fixed, but otherwise that would soooo awesome. If I save the money (I was going to buy a car) then I'll buy a brand new DSLR, and possibly a 35mm Canon EOS 3000 which I have been eyeing lately. Analogue film is so unique.
All weekend I've been having heated debates about politics, which I won't get into here. If someone doesn't win though, I will be mighty angry. You'll find out who after it's decided. I am liking the fact that independents may decide the government, as they are the ones who know politics and the general track records of the members and the parties.
Hope everyone has a less full-on week!

6 comments:

  1. I quite like the bunting in the colors you made - it's different than the usual! I wish I could sew, you are very lucky - I love your blog, your newest follower on bloglovin :)

    alisonscampusfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bunting so so much!! Im thinking about making some for a 50s dance that I am coordinating. Where did you get your adorable material?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that bunting is so cute! i have some floral bunting that i used last year for a garden party, i might put it up in my room though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I need some for my place. How long did it take you to make?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so sweet! I wanna make one now! Is it difficult?

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments!!
:D