Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Salt and vinegar potatoes



The other night I tried something new - salt and vinegar potatoes. Basically, instead of boiling the potatoes in water I did it in white vinegar. I got the idea from a recipe on 101 Cookbooks. I did them with crumbed chicken tenderloins and some greens, and the vinegar was strong, and I mean strong. I love S&V chips, but woah. Next time I make them I will be doing a half water batch so they are not so over-powering, and possibly slice them a lot thicker. Also be warned that your house may smell of vinegar.

7 comments:

  1. omg yum yum this looks sooo good- my family are coming round today and i think i'm gonna do these for the bbq! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh that looks delicious !
    i'm following your blog now <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm salt and vinegar is my favourite. on anything. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look absolutely delicious and I love the idea of vinegar with your potatoes. After looking at these pictures I'm definitely getting hungry. Time for a midnight snack! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY CRAP. As much as I dislike salt and vinegar ANYTHING, these look INSANELY DELICIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuuuuuuum!
    If you want visit and follow:
    http://rejectingtheobviousness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments!!
:D